Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Do What Works For You

I'm one of those people that don't like to plan out too much. I'm not sure if it is because I'm lazy or if I just dislike when things don't go my way. Normally when I plan something, I plan out the bare bones and then just wing it from there. I like doing this. I don't like being regimented to a single possible outcome.

Awesome #yyjrunclub - BIRTHDAY style!
Kind of like when people get a physical trainer. The trainer asks you what your goals are and they make a plan to get you there. They tell you that in order to get stronger, you need to do 100 lunges and then 20 push ups and then 5 sets of bicep curls to failure (Please note: not actual instructions from a physical trainer.) Then I turn into a guest on Jerry Springer: "You don't knoooooow me! You don't know what I'm capable of!"

Ok, getting a bit off topic. Pretty much what I'm trying to say is that you have to find something that works for you. If you aren't the type to follow a regimented workout routine, then DON'T. It really is that simple. There isn't just one way of doing things.

My goals are pretty simple. Workout for 30mins 4+ times a week. While I enjoy pushing myself to do things like a 10km run on my birthday, it doesn't mean that one of my workout days isn't a nice leisurely walk. 

Do what works for you.

What works for you? Are you a regimented workout routine type? Or a fly by the seat of your pants type?

No comments: