Saturday, November 10, 2012

But I don't waaaaaaanna!

In my last blog post I talked about how I am doing this "#LetsGetPhysical" lifestyle change.

Well I just want to talk to you about a common 'problem' I run into at least once a week. I call this problem the "But I don't waaaaaaaaanna!"s.



Like I told you on the last post, I have decided that I'm going to exercise 4+ times a week.

Trust me guys, this doesn't just solve everything. It's not like I just get up and go "OH YAY!! I'm going to go for a run! Yessssss, there is NOTHING more I'd rather do!" There is plenty more I'd rather do. Like eat chocolate. Or watch movies. Or spend time with my boyfriend. Or eat cheese, or more chocolate - I'm not picky.

You get the point. The hardest part sometimes, is getting out the door. 

Sean has given me some awesome advice that works most of the time.

"Don't think about how you feel currently, think about how you WANT to feel." So while I may not want to get out of bed while my boyfriend sleeps soundly and looks so cuddly, I want to get healthy. In order to get healthy, I need to get my body moving.

Best example of that was today. Saturday is my #yyjrunclub day. I go and meet some awesome twitter friends and we go for a jog together. I cannot even tell you how much I didn't want to go. Let's have a picture speak a thousand words for you:
Yeah, I was feeling REALLY unenthusiastic. Even during the run I wasn't even close to being a 'picture of positivity'. Poor Kathryn  had to listen to me the whole way. "I'm dying." "I'm tired." "This sucks." "I can't believe I'm still moving." Let me tell you exactly how I felt after: AWESOME. REALLY EFFING AWESOME!

I completed  5.5kms in a really great (for me) time. It is the longest distance I've jogged for. Ever. In my life. Seriously Guys - this should be a celebration. Haha.

Moral of the story is this: Sometimes the hardest part is getting out the door. If you're having a tough time, tell yourself: "It doesn't matter how well you do when you're out there, it just matters that you show up."

Most of the time, you'll really surprise yourself with the results.
So just go for it and give yourself a high five at the end!



No comments: