Tuesday, January 20, 2009

REMEMBER WHEN?

SO I thought I might start a "Remember When?" series.

My family will laugh because they know that that is a favourite line of mine...
However, since I don't find my current life interesting enough to blog about.. I thought I'd talk about some stories from my past.
Most of them that come to mind right away are from my Wal-Mart days... so this may to into a "Remembering Wal-Mart" series. but feel free to leave whenever you please.

So as most of you know, I am a BIG fan of hugs. People say I'm good at it... but its really just because I really want to be giving you that hug and being hugged in return.
One day while working at Wal-mart I was saying goodbye to one of my co-workers that was done her shift and it was usual for us to give eachother a hug. Another one of my co-workers made the joke of "Where's MY hug!?!" and so I gave him a hug.
Then, all of the sudden I hear from behind me "Are hugs free today?" I turned around and saw this woman who looked to be in her late 70s, early 80s. She was dead serious. So I said "Well... if you want one!" So there I was, hugging this woman I had never met before. When we pulled away from eachother, she was crying. She said something about a death... but through her sobs I couldn't tell if it was an anniversay of someone's death or if they had died recently. She then looked at my with a brave face and said "Thank you. That is just what I needed"

Little did she know, I needed it too. I'll never forget that woman. I don't know what made me hug her so freely...not one bit of me was reluctant.

ANYWAY.... there is your first "Remember Whrn?"

Hope you enjoyed!

No comments: